FRIENDS OF THE AUSTRALIAN BALLET
The goal was to raise funds and awareness for The Australian Ballet through an innovative program called Create. A reinvigoration was needed for Create. to breathe new life into the heritage initiative without losing sight of the goal.
Create. is an innovative endeavour that combines ballet with fashion through elevated interpretations of ‘blank’ pointe shoes. It is an opportunity for fashion designers to leave their signature mark by enhancing the exquisite beauty of the pointe shoe even further and in turn, give back to a beautiful art form.
- Partner with the inimitable fashion illustrator Megan Hess to create twelve custom drawings of twelve peviously created designer pointe shoes.
- Host an art exhibition and event to auction the twelve custom illustrations and limited-edition prints.
- The most successful collaboration ever created with all twelve illustrations and over thirty prints sold.
- A high-attendance event with special guest Megan Hess, members and dancers of The Australian Ballet and local media.
- Three local press mentions including a full page post-event feature and interview with designer Paolo Sebastian.
o Brand Amplification
o Marketing Strategy
o Public Relations
o Content Creation
Illustrations by Megan Hess. Photography; Peter Fisher for Create.